The Lopez Island Library Board of trustees is actively seeking to fill a position as of June 10, 2017. Please send a letter of interest & resume to:
Lou Pray, Director,
Lopez Island Library
P O Box 770
Lopez Island, WA 98261
Or email same to email@example.com
- Must have the time and interest to do the work of a library trustee
- Must be willing and able to attend year-round board meetings and special meetings
- Ability to work effectively with other trustees, the Library Director and members of the Lopez Island community.:
- One of five trustees who together oversee the work of the Lopez Island Library director and library policies.
- Meetings are held 3rd Thursday of every month
- at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. May be occasional additional meetings.
- This trustee position goes through 9/1/2020.
Hey! Looking for something kids 3rd – 8th grade will enjoy and learn from? Lopez Library is presenting “Introduction to Scratch Coding with Ty Greacen”. Kids learn computer programming with SCRATCH! Learn the basics of sprites and movement. Create a card and if time allows, get a brief intro to video game making. RSVP/Register for this free class by calling 468-2265 or stopping by the library. Imagine-Program-Share!
Imagine-Program-Share with SCRATCH Coding
Award-Winning Correo Aereo
Join the Lopez Library for an evening of music, food and community as we celebrate the Americas with music from the award-winning duo of Correo Aereo who will perform the traditional music of Mexico, Venezuela, & Argentina as well as some of their own compositions. Correo Aereo combines a gorgeous array of string and percussive instruments with beautiful vocal harmonies described as “…locked in embrace.” by the Austin Chronicle. Correo Aereo is strongly committed to bringing their music into communities and celebrating cultural connections through all ages and ethnicities. Correo Aereo performs at festivals, theaters and music venues throughout the U.S. and abroad including Winnipeg Folk Festival, Austin Music Hall, EMP Seattle & Holland’s Moondive;an international media project/concert produced by VPRO Television-Radio Amsterdam. They have also been featured at Seattle International Children’s Festival, the Knitting Factory in NYC. and on NPR Radio programs; Latino USA, All Things Considered, Splendid Table, and Amy Goodman’s Democracy Now. They were selected winner of the prestigious Austin Music Award for ‘Best Traditional Mexican/Latino Act’. This special musical event will be held in the beautiful acoustics of Grace Episcopal Church and refreshments will follow. The evening is sponsored by Humanities Washington and Friends of the Lopez Library. A suggested donation of $5 – $10 dollars is appreciated and benefits the Lopez Island Family Resource Center. For more information contact Jen Krajack at the library. 468-2265
Lopez Island Library will be closed Monday May 29th in recognition of Memorial Day. We will reopen Tuesday May 30th at 10:00 AM.
The library recently subscribed to GrantStation.com, Inc. (GrantStation) offers nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies the opportunity to identify potential funding sources for their programs or projects as well as resources to mentor these organizations through the grantseeking process. Contact us today for your login information and training.
GrantStation provides access to a searchable database of private grantmakers that accept inquiries and proposals from a variety of organizations; federal deadlines; links to state funding agencies; and a growing database of international grantmakers. In addition, GrantStation publishes two newsletters highlighting upcoming funding opportunities, the weekly GrantStation Insider, which focuses on opportunities for U.S. nonprofit organizations, and the monthly GrantStation International Insider, which focuses on international funding opportunities.
U.S. Grant listings include three areas:
- U.S. Charitable Giving Database –The U.S. Charitable Giving database lists thousands of funder profiles, including independent, family, community, and corporate foundations; corporate giving programs; faith-based grantmakers; and, associations with grantmaking programs. These profiles are searchable by geographic focus, areas of interest, and types of support.
- Federal Grants & Loans –The Federal Grants & Loans section is updated Monday through Friday and offers detailed program, contact, and application information on numerous U.S. federal grant and loan opportunities. Archived announcements are also available. These profiles are word searchable and categorized by deadline date.
- State Grants & Loans – The State Grants & Loans section, which provides an individual profile for each state, is comprised of links to state departments and agencies that administer grant and/or loan programs. This section also links to quasi-state agencies such as the state arts council, humanities forum, children’s trusts, etc.
International Grant listings includes:
- International Charitable Giving Database – The International Charitable Giving database lists several thousand international grantmaker profiles, searchable by geographic location and areas of interest.
Canadian Grant listings include two areas:
- Canadian Charitable Giving Database – The Canadian Charitable Giving database provides access to profiles of private grantmakers who give throughout Canada and within particular provinces and territories. Over 1,000 Canadian grantmakers are covered in this database and additional grantmakers based in Canada and other countries are being added weekly.
- Canadian Government Grants & Loans – The Canadian Government Grants & Loans section provides information regarding potential governmental sources of financial and technical assistance.